16 September 2011

The Vole -- Hello Boss Got a New Motor

Speaking of the MD. It's not cost cutting all the way though. I noticed that new security cameras were being installed to monitor activity in the Directors Car Park the other day. The reason soon became clear. In a masterpiece of insensitivity the MD turned up in a brand new AMG Mercedes complete with AV 2010 number plate which would have cost well over £120K. Some brave soul mentioned this and was told by the MD "How I spend my bonus is my business".

Now as regular readers will know I have a listening device in the Executive loo and this came up trumps yet again. ( Crap pun .... Matt). It appears, according to a senior accountant (there are many!), the Merc was bought by one of AV's PR consultancy firms and an invoice raised by them for £150K for (unspecified) "work done" has arrived in the Accounts Dept.. My spy in the Purchasing Department tells me the a "special P.O" had been raised a few days ago and had been sanctioned by the MD the same day. Normally all P.Os over £10k have to have 3 director signatures. The cost code on the P.O is one not one normally used by the Publicity Dept. either.I leave it to you to make the connection.

It's nice to know that in a crisis the senior management is focussed on the task in hand.