14 April 2011

Ruddolph Hooker -- Past It ?

I wandered into a canal side pub the other day (Just for a change ? .... Matt), with a few other boaters for a beer or two. When it was my shout I wandered up to the bar for another round of Speckled Hen. It was then I noticed a sign behind the bar proclaiming that all baseball caps had to be removed on the premises.

When I reported this back to Alf he immediately went off on one saying he was not taking his IWA cap off, his Dad fought in the last war, what about his civil liberties etc.. etc... I was wearing my best "Mucky Duck" cap, Steve had his usual diesel stained baseball cap on, which was probably a fire hazard, Only Pete was hatless.

All went quiet when I pointed out we had already had three rounds and nobody had challenged us. The implications of this soon hit home. We were all past it ! Nobody considered us a security threat or likely to create mayhem in the bar. We drank up and left. It didn't help when we ribbed Alf by saying the IWA was obviously a spent force !

Does anyone know where we can get four Provo IWA caps ?