01 January 2011

Rudolph Hooker -- Profile

After a long and auspicious career as PR consultant for Lord Lucan I decided to give up the high life and take to the canals. I bought an ex hire boat from Swan Line at Fradley and now cruise the system on the "Mucky Duck". I have looked at the many excellent web sites which chronicle the travels of various narrowboats throughout the system. These look like hard work to maintain so I have decided to become a commentator, on the changes that canals are undergoing, instead. This should be a much easier option and leave me more time for what I call research. In reality this means spending many hours in canalside pubs seeking out and talking to that increasingly rare species, the "real boater". How else does one find out what is happening on the waterways?